CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

12.30.2010

christmas in the summer.

I had a wonderful Christmas. My family was all together for the first time in a few years. I even had some honorary brother's there. Two of Jared's friends flew over from the states to spend Christmas with us and also to catch up with Jared. Although one of them didn't arrive until Boxing Day. He actually skipped Christmas. He left the states on the 24th and arrived on the 26th! He got a good deal on tickets obviously so he didn't mind too much. We opened presents in the morning, ate a late lunch and then went to the beach. I didn't even think to take pictures until we went to the beach.

The boys were playing football in the water while my parents and I walked alongside the beach.



Jared was quite tired after coming out of the water. He started leaning on my dad as we were walking back to the car. I don't know if he was trying to get him to carry him to the car, but it was quite funny.

My dad has gray hair now from the chemo. It's weird. Although it seems to be getting darker by the day. We'll see what color it ends up turning into.

The three boys after playing in the water.


I saw this in the parking lot. how random.

This is a Pohutukawa tree. Also known as the New Zealand Christmas Tree. They are blooming all over the place. It's so pretty.

I love the beach.

The other day I was talking to a friend about how there are no movies about christmas in the summer. I decided to google it and see what came up. 
Isn't that awesome! I am so going to have to make one next year!

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

thats wonderful you had extras for christmas! always more the merrier :)

Merry Christmas x